Saturday 28 April 2012

Pyjama Party

Ready to stay up all night eating sweets and giggling? It's time for the pyjama party! My first sewalong, and it's been so much fun. Thank you so much to Karen for doing such a brilliant job in hosting it. I'm pleased with how mine turned out, although they are quite big! Next time I'll definitely go down a size. Still, you live and learn, and they are really cosy and comfy!



The pattern (Simplicity 9871) was very easy to follow, even for a beginner, and Karen's instructions and tips were all excellent so, other than the sizing, I didn't have any problems. I put a little ribbon tag at the back as Karen suggested which I really liked, and I was also very happy with my crotch!!


I'm currently reading Farundell, by L.R. Fredericks. I'm about 75 pages in, and so far, so good. It's set in a country house, post First World War, and involves ghosts. I particularly like the Cluedo-esque floorplans at the front, which fit very nicely with my new mug, bought last weekend. Love it!




I'm already planning another pyjama make. This time in a lightweight cotton, ready for summer (I'm assuming that summer will arrive at some point!). This time I hope to get the sizing right, and will also try out French seams for the first time. I also plan to make a matching Sorbetto top. After THAT, I hope to make something that I can actually, you know, wear outside the house! In the photo below you can see the pink stripes which will be the pyjamas, and the flowery fabric which will be my second Sorbetto, after I've practiced on the pyjama version.


So, that's it. It's been fun! Off now to check out all the other PJs and to jump around on the bed a bit more!








7 comments:

  1. Oh, they are so pretty! I love your new PJs. Good luck with the second pair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pjs, the floral print is so pretty! And I love the fabrics for your next projects. The Sorbetto in that soft pink floral is going to be so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, the fabric is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray, more pink PJ's! These are super cute!

    ReplyDelete